This tax holiday applied in previous years but has NOT yet been approved by the Florida Legislature for 2022. As soon as we receive further information, we will update this page. Be sure to check back often!
Don’t miss the Florida Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday when shopping for hurricane and emergency supplies. This tax free week takes place over 7 days:
Friday, May 31
Saturday, June 1
Sunday, June 2
Monday, June 3
Tuesday, June 4
Wednesday, June 5
Thursday, June 6
On these dates, you can purchase qualifying items free of Florida state and local sales tax:
– Portable generators priced at $750 or less
– Portable self-powered radios, 2-way radios, or weather band radios priced at $50 or less
– Tarps or other flexible waterproof sheeting priced at $50 or less
– Ground anchor systems or tie-down kits priced at $50 or less
– AA, C, D, 6-Volt, or 9-Volt batteries priced at $30 or less
– Nonelectric coolers and ice chests priced at $30 or less
– Gas, LP gas, diesel fuel, or kerosene containers priced at $25 or less
– Portable self-powered flashlights, candles, lanterns, or other light sources priced at $20 or less
– Reusable ice priced at $10 or less
Any sales made within an airport, entertainment complex, theme park, or public lodging establishment do NOT qualify for this tax exemption.
Be sure to take advantage of the Florida Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday: May 31 and June 1-2-3-4-5-6, 2019.